Benefits of Reading 15 Minutes a Day!
Encourage children to read at home - even just 15 minutes a day - is one of the most powerful ways parents can support students' learning.
1. Create a "to-read" list that your child can check off.
2. The topic doesn't matter, as long as child's reading.
3. Read as a family - taking turns reading passages.
4. During reading time, put away electronic devices.
5. Ask open-ended questions about your child's books.
6. Make it a habit with routine read-aloud sessions.